21 Quotes to Boost Your Self-Esteem
Do you feel confident in yourself and your abilities?
Do you respect yourself?
Your relationship to yourself is the first and most important relationship that you have in this world.
But it’s not lost on me that feeling confident about yourself is a difficult task. There are so many messages coming at you, and it can be easy to feel pressured by society or even the ones you love.
Increasing your self-esteem can do wonders for your physical, mental, and emotional health, because it helps you change your outlook on life.
Without self-esteem, you may find yourself dealing with negative energy or thoughts that are holding you back from reaching your highest potential…
Before I share with you the wise words to help you find more self-compassion and self-esteem, I invite you to take this free Emotional & Mental Balance Test. In just 5 minutes, you’ll be able to gauge whether there are negative thoughts or emotions clogging your Aura.
Now that you know your baseline, let’s see if anything changes after reading these inspiring quotes…
Feel More Confident And Compassionate Toward Yourself With 21 Quotes
1. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
Dig down deep inside yourself, for you already have everything that you need. All that’s left is to find it.
2. “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.”
— Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
The strength, determination, and energy that you hold inside yourself is far more important than your outer appearance.
3. “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.”
— Shiela Murray Bethel
You must first know yourself and believe in whoever you are, before you can embark on your true path forward.
4. “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.”
— Andre Gide
Always remember to nurture your true, authentic self. For when you know and accept your truth, anything is possible.
5. “Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.”
— Ziad K. Abedelnour
You can do anything you set your mind to. You are strong and capable. But every now and then, we could all use a little help.
6. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.”
— T. Harv Eker
Don’t let emotions, thoughts, or perceptions stop you from going after what you truly desire. If it’s important to you, you’ll be able to overcome your fears.
7. “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.”
— Malcolm S. Forbes
Shift your outlook from the negative side to the positive side. Focus on those qualities within yourself that are amazing, unique, special, and worth celebrating.
8. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.”
— Dr. Robert Anthony
Your mind is a powerful ally. Once you believe in yourself, you’re more than halfway there.
9. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
— Dale Carnegie
The more you act, the more comfortable you become in whatever it is that you do. It is through action that you can build your confidence and courage.
10. “There are so many more important things to worry about than how you're perceived by strangers.”
— Dennis Lehane
If strangers don’t like you, that’s their problem. If you don’t like you, that’s your problem, and it can easily be fixed.
If you’re not too keen on the way you perceive yourself, take this free Emotional & Mental Balance Test. It can quickly identify exactly what you need to do to feel more positive, balanced, and energetic.
Find out if your Mental and Emotional Aura Layers are in need of healing here.
11. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.”
— T. Harv Eker
No one is perfect. The guy standing next to you is just as nervous as you are. Don’t let your fears get the best of you. Remember to act!
12. “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?”
— Brigham Young
Your opinions are the only ones that truly matter. You have to live with yourself and your thoughts, but you can always choose to ignore others.
13. “There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.”
— Hindu Proverb
Instead of comparing yourself to someone else, try taking a look at how much you’ve grown. Where are you now compared to last year?
14. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.”
The relationship that you have with yourself needs to be strong and compassionate in order for you to form relationships with the rest of the world.
15. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
—Thích Nhất Hạnh
Other people come and go throughout your life. But there is one person who will be with you through it all: yourself.
16. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
— Eleanor Roosevelt
Don’t let the negative energy of another person cloud up your Aura or block your Chakras. Maintain your positive energy no matter what!
17. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.”
— Aldous Leonard Huxley
Feel a sense of mastery and accomplishment each time you are able to make a small change in your life.
18. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t – you are right.”
— Henry Ford
As the Law of Attraction says, whatever energy and thoughts you put out into the universe will only attract more of the same. When you have negative thoughts, negative outcomes will come your way. Believing in yourself brings positive energy and achievement.
19. “Having a low opinion of yourself is not ‘modesty’. It’s self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not ‘egotism’. It’s a necessary precondition to happiness and success.”
— Bobbe Sommer
Remember that you are not comparing yourself to others. You’re just embracing the truth that lives inside you so that you can live your best life.
20. “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it's enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.”
— Richelle E. Goodrich
Believing in yourself is the first and most important step forward in achieving any goal.
21. “The most important point is to accept yourself and stand on your two feet.”
— Shunryu Suzuki
Let yourself be proud of your uniqueness. That which lies inside of you is unlike anyone else… and that is a great thing.
Remember that things won’t change over night. Keep reminding yourself of these wise words each and every day.
To check your progress, download my free Emotional & Mental Balance Test. It’s an easy way to track how your thoughts and energy are shifting.